Thursday, March 11, 2021

Throne of Grace By Cecily K. Wolfe

This a story about a lovely young girl from Rhode Island who works for a rich family and finds forbidden love. She faces the challenge of knowing her place in society or fighting for what her heart wants. Does she dare to think she is worthy of the wealthy gentleman who has stolen her heart? This was an audio book. I would give this an over-all score of 3 stars only due to the person chosen to read the story.. Although her voice was a pleasant one it was without much feeling. It was very hard to tell between the different characters when she read and the excitement and emotion was very minimal. The story was a good story and I think If I could have read it myself it would have come across much stronger. I felt the book dealt more with the build up of the relationship between the main characters than it did with the actual relationship itself. It just wasn’t the best experience to me. Being that I am a read-a-holic having to listen to a book read from someone in a mundane voice was hard to deal with. I believe I will buy the book and reread it to give it another chance. I believe it deserves that. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment