Thursday, October 7, 2021

The Emotional Journey of the Alheimer's Family 

By Robert B. Santulli, MD and Kesstan Blandin, PhD


The Emotional Journey of the Alzheimer's Family by Santulli & Blandin is the most informative book I have read regarding Alzheimer's and dementia. After dealing first-hand with a loved one with dementia I found the information extremely helpful. This book not only describes the disease but goes into great length to give examples of situations in which a person might be going through. It also gives very helpful tips on how to help those with the disease and also the caregiver. I found that reading this book made me feel as if someone finally understood what  I was going through. As if I had someone who could walk me through the tough times. I only wish I would have had this book while I was caring for my loved one with dementia. I believe it would have made life a whole lot easier on us both. I recommend this book not only for those who are caring for someone with the disease but also for doctors and therapists who help care for the caregivers and their loved ones. The more we understand what happens during this scary time the smoother and more joyful the process can become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment